From: "John T. Folden" <nedloftj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: Door speaker access / Vinyl half-top (1993)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 23:05:08 -0400

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the list and new to owning an Imperial. I've got a rather sharp looking 1993 model with a couple issues that some of you can hopefully help me with...

Issue 1: The Infinity stereo system seems to work fine but for two speakers on the passenger side, one in the dashboard and the other in the door. They produce absolutely no sound. Might there be anything specific to look for considering the location? Also, I seem to be unable to find out how to gain access to the speaker in the door. Judging by the speaker framing it seems to be more complicated than just removing the door panel (though I could be wrong).

Issue 2: This is the first car I've owned with a vinyl top. The white vinyl seems as though it's fading in some spots (or had previously been affected by mold/mildew perhaps, it has that "look" if you know what I mean). I've given it a gentle scrubbing with plain water to no improvement. What might my next steps be? I'm, frankly, clueless when it comes to exterior vinyl. :-(

Much thanks, John

1993 Imperial w/Electronic Features Package
Bright White Clear Coat exterior with "Mahogany" Kimberly Cloth interior.