IML: Proud papa to a new baby!

You know me as the owner of the Exner-ific Aquitania, my Aqua Mist '59
Imperial Crown 4-door Southampton.  Well, the Aquitania is out of
commission for a while undergoing a restoration.  I just picked up the
redone seats, door panels and sun visors.  They were done with NOS Balmoral
cloth and turquoise leather, and look beautiful.  Alas, they'll be sitting
in storage until the rest of the cosmetic work is done.

As many of you can understand, being Imperial-less for over a year, and
potentially for another year was just not bearable.  A year ago I tried to
assuage this condition by convincing myself I could fill the gap with a
loaded '65 Pontiac Bonneville 4-door hardtop, but as lovely as that car is,
it ISN'T an Imperial!  I happened upon a car similar in style, if not in
year, to my grandmother's '64 Crown.  I learned to drive on that car and my
parents' "lesser makes".  Have a look at my tale on the IML's 1959 page, if
you like.  Anyhow, last March I saw a '66 Crown 4-door hardtop on eBay that
appeared as good a car to Grandmother's as I would find.  Unfortunately, no
push-buttons, but she is a beautiful Haze Green with a white vinyl top and
white pearlescent leather interior.  The back seat and front passenger seat
are practically mint condition, and the driver's seat has VERY minor wear,
considering she has 122,000 miles.  She was repainted, but in her original
color, and the vinyl top is excellent.  She has all the usual options,
including AM/FM with reverb, but no Auto Pilot or headlamp dimmer.  I
wanted to surprise many friends here in DC by debuting her at a local show
in Rockville, Maryland today.  Now that she's suitably wowed them, I can
divulge my secret to the IML.  Some of my friends are on the IML, so I
couldn't tip my hand until now.  I'll try to post pictures soon.  Who's in
charge of the Engel-icious '64-66 pages?

Her name?  In honor of my grandmother, she is Miss Dorothy.

Neal Herman
1959 Imperial Crown 4-door Southampton "Aquitania" (Aqua Mist, Silvercrest
Landau Roof)
1965 Pontiac Bonneville 4-door Vista "Bonnie Prince Charlie" (Reef
Turquoise, white vinyl roof)
1966 Imperial Crown 4-door hardtop "Miss Dorothy" (Haze Green, white vinyl
roof)
1972 Buick Riviera "Bianca d'Azur (Arctic White, blue vinyl roof)
1983 Chrysler Cordoba "Christine" (Crimson Red, red vinyl roof)
1997 Buick Riviera "Le Nouveau Riv" (Adriatic Blue Pearl)