IML: FW: 68 head lights switch issue

here is what my neighbor the expert had to say about your headlight switch issue:

-----Original Message-----
From: Henry [mailto:hypel@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 8:44 AM
To: Matt Hopkins
Subject: Re: 68 head lights

The first thing coming to mind is a bad stop light bulb wherin the end of a broken filament has swung around and made a shorted contact with other elements inside the bulb. I would have thought his switch would have a circuit breaker built in. Evidently it has a fuse. Under a normal load the switch shouldn't get hot and if it gets too hot it will ruin the switch so the sooner the trouble is found the better. Investigate the bulbs first. It could even be the wrong bulb for the application causing a short circuit at the base.