1983 Chrysler Imperial: starting problems

1983 Chrysler Imperial: starting problems

>From: RandalPark@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: IML: 1983 Chrysler Imperial: starting problems
>Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 16:59:59 -0400
>
>Well, you may be right, and of course we are each entitled to our opinions.
>If "the basics" would be a good place to start, it would be better to start
>with a basic car. That word does not describe these particular automobiles.
>

>Trouble shooting that car is going to cost a ton of money, and a firm
>commitment of love on the part of the owner.  If the love isn't there, I
>still say sell the car. The owner already knows if "love" is in the
>equation. The rest is easy.
>
>Paul

Paul,

Why would anybody who wants a "basic" car own any Imperial?  If you want a
basic car, buy a Dart. I didn't see everybody saying to sell they late 60's
Imperials because they couldn't find Budd rotors.
Everybody here whines every time any Imperial, in any condition is used in
demolition derby, but this car showed one minor problem and you are already
advising it be sold.  Are the 80's Imperials somehow less worthy than all
prior years?  I'm sure some of you think so, but that's not what this list
is about.  I have been happy about the recent trend to welcome and help the
owners of 90's Imperials.

A quick check of the archives and collected EFI posts shows this as the
number one source of info on the 80s EFI system.  Dick B. and Bob and some
others have kept numerous EFI cars going. We should be able to help Joel
out.  I read all those posts, but when I bought my '83 I specifically looked
for a converted car because I wanted 300 + horsepower.  It wouldn't have
been feasible to keep the EFI and I didn't want to mess up an original car.

Rob