Imperial Division

Unfortunately for us, nearly all parts manufacturers now list (and have for
years) Imperial parts under the heading of Chrysler. This means that for me to
get effective service, I call my car a Chrysler Imperial when looking for a
part. (Please don't faint!) If they try to sell me a part for a New Yorker, or
a Newport, I try to explain that there is another whole category called
Imperial. Usually they find it, but sometimes our parts are are grouped as "New
Yorker/Imperial".

Even though we know that our cars come from a separate division of the company,
we need to acknowledge that most parts stores employ people who weren't alive
when our cars were made, and are unaware of this issue.

I find that by accepting this and moving on, I have much less trouble
purchasing the parts I need from my favorite auto parts stores.

This is also true in the classified ad section of newspapers, as well as with
our friends at E-baymotors.

Paul