'05 300 C...the new one

10-15 years from now, your 62 300-H will be alive and kicking.  The 05 300 C
will be having half of its sensors non-operating, and the car will be in the
shop half the time trying to diagnose this sensor or that sensor.  Rebuilding
that messy suspension will require you to sell your house.  Or may be one of
these electro-hydraulic systems that cut off cylinders to save fuel will be
non-functioning, and the car will run on 7 cylinders.  Just like any German
high end car, this is a great car for the short term.  Little in common with
the real thing.

I was reading a brochure about this "great" 05 Benz 300C.  They had a historical
section, which was full of errors (like calling the 413 a hemi and such).  When
describing the styling of various letter cars, they would go: "similarly, the
new 300 C ....".  I failed to notice any similarities!  This is the typical
detroit gimic of using up names for their glorious past to boost sales.  At
least, this car is not as far behind the competition as most US built cars
(probably, because it is a German design).  Of course, its performance is
comparable to the BMW 540, only the 540 has 70% smaller displacement engine.
The power density is low, but the engine complexity is still high.

D^2

Quoting IndyImp62@xxxxxxx: