still have '59 problems

I got my car back from getting its brand new brake booster, and at idle the car runs very smooth, but once I put it in gear and hold the brakes, it starts running horrible

I’m going to guess carb problems in the idle circuit but that’s only a guess…  As far as the overheating goes check to make sure the thermostat is working properly and that your fan clutch still works.  With the engine hot turn the car off and see if there is resistance when you try to turn the fan.

                   Steve B.