still have '59 problems

I got my car back from getting its brand new brake booster, and at idle the car runs very smooth, but once I put it in gear and hold the brakes, it starts running horrible, and usually will die when I am at a stop light, unless I throw it into neutral where it runs so smooth I'm not even sure if the engine is running. Any ideas on this one? I am also having bad overheating problems again after it was recently rodded out with a new thermostat. It seems as if the engine is not cooling at all. I left my other car near the mechanics today, and was thinking of taking the Imperial over to the radiator shop tomorrow to see if they can figure out the overheating problem. If anyone knows what steps I should take next I would welcome them, since I took a week off work, and it is going to be devoted to getting the Imperial running properly once again.

Bill '59 Crown