Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 2:26 PM
Subject: RE: IML: 66 Imperial Convertible ( Yahoo Auction)

Does anybody know if this type of material is available still, and if so, where?  If it is not still in production, which I wholly doubt it is, what would the best option be for a replacement top?  My top is ok, but has a small tear at the base of what would be considered the "C" pillar area where it goes into the body.  This appears to be a stress point where it folds/unfolds when lowered, or raised.  The top was on the car when I bought it in '00, and is white (now grey), and the sides seem to be either shrunken, or never properly fitted over the weather-stripping.  I dare say I can't take the car through a car wash without getting a shower myself ala Doris Day in whichever Doris Day/Rock Hudson movie that was.  I am holding off on the driving an Imperial into the swimming pool ala another Doris Day/Rock Hudson movie until, well, never I hope.  Those movies were pretty hard on Imperials come to think of it!  One good thing though, Doris always had great parking "Karma" in those movies.  No matter where it was, or how busy a place, she pulled right up in front, jumped out, and pretty much skipped into wherever she was going.  Perpetually perky, I say!  Hence, my Imperial convertible is "Doris Day"

Bill Ulman
Seattle, WA
'66 Crown Convertible - Doris Day
Off to a couple of body shops today for estimates on "The Dent"