Daudelin
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 11:37 PM
To: Imperial Club
Subject: IML: Radio Replacement Question

I've been thinking about replacing my current Infinity radio-cassette in my
93 Imperial with a radio-CD. I don't want an after-market. So, I've been
looking on eBay for some time and see some that would be a good deal.

However, since I still haven't found the proper shop manual that will show
me what the mounting of my current radio and since I know how it can be a
pain sometimes to remove the dash (and I don't have the shop manual for that
anyway) just to look at the mount, I haven't tried to buy any, but it's
getting annoying!

There are actually 2 very similar models to mine, except with a CD player in
the place of the cassette player. However, those 2 models have one of the
tab for the mount in a slightly different place.

I put pictures on my webserver, so here is model "A":
<http://nemesys2.dyndns.org:8080/Images/Radio_A.jpg>

and here is model "B":
<http://nemesys2.dyndns.org:8080/Images/Radio_B.jpg>

So, if any 90s Imperial owner has ever removed the dash or looked at the
radio and could confirm which mount it is, I would really appreciate.

Also, on mine, all knobs and controls have a silver finish, while all the
models I've seen so far on eBay have a black finish. I was wondering if
anybody knew how hard it would be to switch the knobs and such from one
radio to the other. I know that for some, like the volume, that wouldn't be
too hard, but about the controls on the equalizer or the balance joystick?

Thanks in advance!

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software                mailto:laurentdaudelin@xxxxxxxxxxx