ride height

After ruminating about this for some time I've come to exactly the same conclusion. I've "blown up" several brochure photos and measured the distance from the bottom of the tire to the top of the wheel arch opening both front and rear, then scaled those up to full size. I've come to believe that the rear of my car is probably a 1/2" low at rear axle centerline. The front is within the tolerance shown in the service manual.

The spring company I'm working with here in Kansas City believes they have the proper interleaf pads for this car. Since the originals appear to be mostly worn away, they think it's possible that the replacement of these pads may bring the springs back to arch specification. If not they will add a small amount of arch while they have them apart for cleaning and inspection. Of course we're replacing silent blocks and link grommets.

Your responses, as always, are thoughtful.

Gary Kitterman
'56 C-73 "Babe"