8 tracks

Quoting Dick Benjamin <dickb@xxxxxxxxx>:

> A minor point or two:  The 8 track players were available starting in late
> 67, although they did not show up in any factory literature I have seen
> until 1968.  They were available regardless of which radio was in the car.
> The multiplex stereo receiver was a totally separate accessory, although
> both systems required the installation of the door speakers.  Electrically,
> they were independent - in fact inserting a tape in the player cuts off
> power to the radio, and switches the speaker wiring over to the 8 track
> player.

Dick, was the "stereo" function independent too between the radio and the
8-track?  I.e, you could have ordered the monophonic radio but still have
stereo sound in your 8-track tape deck?  Did the 8-track come with the 5
speaker setup of the multiplex or could you have the 8-track with only the
front speakers? (the door mounted and/or dash speaker).

> Sorry to be late with this, and if others have covered it, I apologize -
> I've been away for about 10 days.

Dick, that's no excuse.  You should ask permission from the IML group before you
go away!

D^2