What exactly IS a "project car"?

Hi list,
Well now that is quite a definition. It seems to me
all old cars are project cars.  Everyone that I have
owned needed some type of work.  If nothing else
polishing and cleaning can be on heck of a project.
My 55 is nice but always needs more.  My street rod
could be called finished, but???  I always have a new
idea.  Reversed doors, chop the top, french the head
lights, remove the door handles and washing and waxing
are all healthy projects at my age.  My new PT would
look good with a white ghost flame!  It never ends!
Even the yard and flower beds are a project.
RC Billings, Montanaaaaaaa