Actual Current Prices Of 1959 - 1960 Imperial 4 Door Hardtops

Actual Current Prices Of 1959 - 1960 Imperial 4 Door Hardtops

A really super 1960 4D HT in restored or very good condition should fetch $5000 - $9000 depending on whos selling and who's buying.  those are tip-top auction prices.

If the car is street legal and safe to drive, $2500 would be a good starting place.  Be leery of any missing parts.  The body and trim and interior are specific to this year.  They aren't making any more of them.

If you want the car to look like it came out of the showroom, you can expect to start with $20,000 and maybe end up in a little debt.  Depends on how much you do yourself and how resourceful you are.  I would pay a premium for good chrome and good interior.  The mechanicals can all be redone relatively cheaply.  Now that I'm doing a frame-off, I see what a giant deal cars that are complete and nice can be.  If you find a good car, pay what the guy wants, as you're unlikely to see many "nice" 1960's.  Until a week after you buy yours, of course.

I have forwarded the contact info of a person selling a 1960 to you off list, Marty.  He seems to be a motivated seller, as he just pinged the website with three seperate questions about how to sell his car, not knowing that they all went to the same place.

GO Get EM!

-Kenyon

Martin Karson <mkei@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

As I wrote in my other thread, I'm a new member of the IML.

I'm very interested in buying a 1959 - 1960 Imperial 4 Door Hardtop.

Questions.....

is the price guide on the website current and accurate?

what general price range have people been ACTUALLY buying and selling the cars contingent on model/condition/year?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Regards,

Marty