8 tracks

Just wondering when the 8 track was available as an option (or if it ever was) for Imperials. I know that the Hi Fi Player was available from 1956 and that 8 track players were around in the 60's but would like to know when they started going into our vehicles. I see that in 1969 stereo tapes were options in the Imperials - were these 8 tracks?

Stay Safe

Larry Blomberg
(1960 LeBaron Sedan)