Removing Interior Door Handles

Jeff, you did not say what year you are working on but it sounds like
the ones on my 57.  I've got photos of the clip and a description of
what I had to do to remove them on the 57 saga.  You can reach it off
the iML 57 page.

Kerryp

JCantor791@xxxxxxx wrote:

>I'm planning on bringing my car to Chryslers at Carlisle this summer and
>therefore have a few projects to complete before then.  One is to replace the
>driver's window which is cracked and the other is to get the front passenger's
>door lined up so that it closes correctly (it's hanging low at the moment).
>In
>order to do both of these, I will need to remove the inside door handles which
>appear to have some type of clip holding them in place.  What tools and /or
>technique is needed to get the handles off?
>
>Also, any suggestions on how to get the passenger's door properly aligned?
>Is this a reasonably straightforward project or am I better off taking the car
>to a reputable body shop?
>
>Thanks
>Jeff
>'56 Sedan
>Trenton, NJ

begin:vcard
fn:Kerry Pinkerton
n:;Kerry Pinkerton
email;internet:http://Dte.net/57imperial     50 Crown, 57, 61(s), 68 convert
other lesser makes
tel;work:Manufacture of high quality Wheeling Machines
tel;home:http://wheelingmachines.com
version:2.1
end:vcard