swapping 62 stuff

I also would go with the car that had the best body and trim, though if it
was a toss up in that regard Id rather swap a set of heads and an AC system
than have to manhandle a rear axle  and swap all those brake components.
Swapping the heads is a relative no brainer, and since you have the donor
car for the AC parts you should have it all right there.  The bonus of a 62
in this regard is that nearly all the ac parts bolt on to the firewall from
the engine side except the dash controls of course.  Other than the relative
hassle of having to recharge the system, its what I would do.

I dont think the 62 will have a different firewall between ac and non ac
cars, if anything they used a variety of plugs and blanks for the unused
holes and changed the bolted on components between ac and non ac stuff.  The
firewall on my 62 with ac looks identical to ones I have seen without it.
Additionally, I have parted out two 63's and one was ac and one was
not....again, identical firewalls from what I recall.  I'd be inclined to
send Bob Hoffmeister - hes in the classifieds or vendors section - an email
to verify that .

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe