Bill Ulman's Seattle traffic woes

I can relate to your anxiety, Bill, I am soooo fortunate to have the ultimate expendable car, my faithful 97 Geo Metro, for the daily 75+ miles I must put in to do my duty to employer and mortgage payment. I try to only drive Lucille on T-W-T, as Monday everybody seems to be hungover, cranky, or both. Friday is hell day on the highway between Bellevue and Monroe, you take your life in your hands just being out there. It only takes one idiot to ruin your WHOLE day, and the supply around here does seem to be infinite, without regard to color, sex or creed !

There's always the unforeseen to make things exciting. On one of my Lucille days, coming home on SR522 in fine weather last fall, I was being paced by a man who was flogging his dump truck to keep up and ogle Lucille - since he was running empty and bobtail he was doing a creditable job of it, too, though the drool was getting thick on his window.... As I was in the hammer lane and just getting by him, there was a tremendous explosion, the truck swayed and jumped and huge fragments flew everywhere - his outside dual had blown. Poor guy, he really shut her down fast! Fortunately the blowout was on the side AWAY from Lucille, or I would have had mangled sheet metal at the very least. I can only imagine what the result would have been if I had been next to that tire in the Geo....

I still shudder to think of the parts search that would have ensued if the damage had been to my beloved Imperial.

Sure hope your picture improves soon, Bill. Looking forward to meeting you and Doris Day!

Kate Triplett & "Lucille" 1968 Crown