Dads 82 AC clutch

The wife and I went for a drive today, the weather was just gorgeous, and I
was the passenger.  So I started to test some things.

When I have the defrosters on it sounds like a door is trying to close!!!
And when the AC. is on I hear the same noise, could the AC clutch be
defective??  Does any body out there have a thought on this?  I haven't
started to diagnose this trouble yet.

With the AC on I can hear the compressor coming on and going off.  It will
finally stay engaged, could this be from lack of use???  Is there a relay
for the AC compressor?

Lawrence R Noska
lnoska@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hauser, ID 83854