67-8 Imperial vs Chrysler

There are no differences in the floor pan from Chrysler to Imperial
(firewall back to the trunk).  They both use the same floor pan stampings.
And the differences between the Chrysler/Imperial floor, the Polara/Monaco
floor and the Fury floor are all in the extension section between the front
pan (front and rear floor wells) and the centre floor pan (rear seat).  The
front, centre and rear (trunk) stampings are shared across the board (except
wagons).

However, the Imperial was on a 127" wheelbase while the Chrysler (non-wagon)
was 124".  A difference of 3".

You measured the distance from the firewall to the radiator support as
40.625" while the Chrysler was 37.5".  That is a difference of 3.125".

That just confirms the extra length of the Imperial wheelbase was in the
front stub.

And, yes, the Imperial had many extra added features to make the Imperial a
truly superb luxury car.  The front suspension differed in that the Imperial
had sleeves and isolators to provide a quieter ride.  The Imperial's sheet
metal also differed in 1967-69, with the Imperial's sides being convex
compared to the Chrysler's concave.  Read somewhere the Chrysler's concave
sheetmetal was difficult to produce.  Cannot see how - if you looked at the
back side of Imperial's convex metal, it looks concave.

Bill
Vancouver, BC