'57-'62 Imperial

I do not usually weigh into these styling debates, but as a collector of
many types of 1950's cars, I have to say that the Imperial of '57-'62 is
wonderfully unique.  There is a harmony of design, even to the '61 Imperial,
but it is a vision harmony that did not survive, as Exner was clinging to
his peculiar vision of clean, modern styling.  I don't think the '61
Imperial is a low point in styling, but perhaps it is a baroque and final
statement.  The '61 Continental changed all the field for modern styling for
all the marques, and fins and eccentricities were out.  I suppose it all
boils down to individual tastes and what constitutes excess.  I am just
amazed that Chrysler pursued its own vision of modern style and that the
Exner vision found many adherents.

Rex Crews  '59, '60 and '61 Imperials