Headlight door motors

Brad,
I used to have a 68 300.  I do not remember the difference in operation, but am fairly certain the 68 motors work differently than later ones.  It seems that there was something about current flow/ground that changed.  I currently have 69 and 73 Imperials and a 78 NYB.  I am having a relay problem with my 69, and have seen mention of a different relay for late 69 cars, which may be an indicator to when they changed things.
Please do your research;  it has been nearly 5 years since i had the 300 and i may be mistaken about the differences.

John -- Atlanta