Vigil Exner and Elwood Engel

I am an amateur genealogist at night (when it's too dark to work on cars -
lol!) and I checked the Social Security Death Index just now:

Virgil Exner, born Sept. 24 1909, died December 1973, last residence was
Michigan.

Elwood Engel - take your pick:
Born Feb 1917, died June 1986, last residence was Michigan - OR -
Born Jan 1907, died June 1978, last residence was New Jersey - OR -
Born Mar 1910, died Sept 1981, last residence was Michigan.

Or, they both could be still alive. Didn't Exner's grandson have a concept
car design on the Chrysler site? I kinda remember him talking about his
late grandfather.

Laurie Carter
'59 Crown aka The Pink Lady