trip through Arkansas

I regret that you and your wonderful 1967 Imperial Coupe had a bad
experience in Arkadelphia, Arkansas on your way back to Washington, DC.  You
evidently got off at the first exit and found one of those college town
motels where the guests only stay an hour or so, therefore sheets don't
matter.  After all, it is a college town with not one but two universities
and thousands of young lust filled students.  The innkeeper is probability a
refugee named  from the east coast who went as far as his family could send
him and he got lost in the wilderness of the Arkansas. After all, you were
only some 23 miles from Hot Springs and some really decadent civilization.

I well know the Andy's you mentioned and you were very correct on that.  Not
even the locals eat there.  If you had only traveled another ten miles to
Caddo Gap, you would have found civilization with lots of good motels and a
fine restaurant, Bowens, which serves some mighty fine Southern styled
victuals, along with lots of high class fast food emporiums such a
McDonalds, Wendy's, KFC, etc. and no one there would have known what an
Imperial was or could even spell it.

As with most travelers, you didn't stop at the childhood home of President
Bill Clinton, Hope, Arkansas nor at the home of our Congressman Mike Ross,
Prescott, Arkansas but pressed on in what was undoubtedly a most elegant
yellow '67 Imperial up the interstate to exit 73 on I - 30, and were
attracted by the bright lights of the Wal-Mart Super Center (a major tourist
attraction in its self).   If I could, I'd apologize for the bad time you
had but let me tell you of the time I stopped in this place in Canada where
the bed sloped to the north, was as cold as h----, and my wife wouldn't sit
on anything - but that for another time.

You and your magnificent '67 now rate as an Arkansas Travelers, so Go Pig,
Sooowee, Razorbacks.  How about them Hogs. And yuh all come back, yuh hear!

Bill Conway, 67 4 dr
in McGehee, Arkansas.