Swamp Cooler

I don't know about Roger and Gabby, but I have seen these in car shows, and
featured in magazines from the early fifties. It is a big round tube that is
mounted to the top of the door and has a vent through the window. It forces air
past a wet grill to cool the air. It is sort of like an air conditioner, but
isn't really.

Swamp cooler is the name given to the unit for a house that functions much the
same way only must use a fan to force the air over the condenser. If you visit
Pheonix, Arizona you will see lots of them mounted on the roofs of mobile homes
and older houses.

Paul