"Chrysler" Imperial

I almost hate to mention this, but since it has resurfaced, didn't Chrysler
Corporation once again add the name "Chrysler" to the Imperial in 1971 or 1972?
I seem to remember that this happened during the fuselage years. In fact I
remember seeing several Imperials back then that had this nomenclature on the
trunk lid.

Paul

 In a message dated 1/14/2004 2:03:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hugtrees@xxxxxxxx writes:

> In anticipation of selling the museum's 1973 Imperial, I finally got around
>to transfering its ownership into our name today.  We have had the car since
>mid 1998 but, lacking a signature on a form, I never bothered with pursuing
>the procedure.  However, today I did.  While standing in front of the clerk, I
>noticed the title said 'Chrysler' for make and 'Imp' for model.  It had been
>some time since I had completed the paperwork and I must have accomodated the
>error at the time.  I remarked on the eror to the clerk.  I wasn't even
>thinking of making an issue of it but she seemed interested and asked what I
>would put in the space for model if the make was changed.  I replied, 'Le
>Baron,' without thinking that this, too, had become a Chrysler name.  She went
>off and checked with her supervisor, just to see if it would be OK to make the
>change.  They conferred a while and checked the computer.  Then, they took an
>extra step and consulted an older reference book.  This told them that if the
>VIN number began with a "Y" the car should be listed as an Imperial.  "C"
>would denote Chrysler.
>
> So, with hardly any effort on my part, the change has been made, and it is
>officially an Imperial.  You might want to remember the "Y" code if you want
>to make such a change yourself.
>
> The supervisor was very pleased with herself and her employee.  She could
>recall Imperials and thought they were great
> cars.
>
> Hugh
> San Antonio Texas
†Ûiÿü0Â)©z¸š•ÉnmÊ&N¬™ë,j°jËžÛhÊ‹›ÊØ^"j^®&¥1¨¥ŠxŠËO•æ¬z·©—+h™¨¥Šx%ŠËbš—«‰©\–æÜ¢f§w*.®·¬¦‰ì{¥•·¬…ªÞw­…ëÞ¯*'xú⽫^™ë,j¬jwZ¶Öœ†g§¶Çè®Ø^Ù¢ž+-­«h®Ë!¢é]mëžÛhÁææjË^®)©z¸š•ÉnmÊ&N…

I@x
-¢m§ÿâš—«‰©\–æÜ¢oîžË›±Êâmèm