Swamp Cooler

Paul

Since I have AOL I have not had the opportunity to view your original email
about what was an " swamp cooler mounted on the front passenger door".

Swamp coolers were purchased by vehicle owners who lived in the region west
of the Mississippi and south of the mason dixon line.  The cooler was wind
forced into a tubular device by the speed of the vehicle.  Inside of the devise
was a himp type material which was wet by water added to the device.  The
outlet
for the air was into the passenger window ( which was rolled down about 2
inches for the inlet / outlet ).

After a while the water supply would evaporate and one would again notice
warm air from the duct.  Soooo, they would stop to refill the tank for that
cool
air feeling.

The "swamp coolers" were sold in the west up into the early seventies.  If
you would like a photo of one just let me know what your email is.

                                    Rodger & Gabby
                                    Colo Spgs

'47 De Soto Custom w/Fluid Drive & passenger door mounted swamp cooler
'63 Le Baron w/F-Sweep trunk lid & std A/C
'66 Le Baron w/dual A/C & reverbed AM/FM