Attn: '61-63 Instrument Cluster Guru's

Eric,

Now that I read your post again, I have a little more to add. The little rubber
blocks are spacers and insulators for the plastic lens that contains the
numbers for the speedometer. I believe that they also hold the EL lighting
tubes (that light that same lens) in place as you suggest.

The thin piece of rubber tubing doesn't sound familiar, although it may be an
insulator for the wires to those same EL tubes inside the cast metal housing to
keep them from grounding out. My comments about the vacuum hose to the brake
release were in response to something I saw in someone elses post about this
topic. I am sure that you would have noticed if the brake release hose had come
off.

Mikey with the '62 described everything that I know about the red wires to a
tee. I would be happy to yank my cluster and tell you anything that you need to
know, but I am waiting for a new speedomoter cable before I do that again since
I damaged mine the last time I had the cluster out (or maybe it was already
damaged) and had one H of a time getting the speedomter to work again after
reassembly. The red wires with the eye connectors go to the ammeter posts, and
the red wire with the plug goes to the voltage input for the power to the
gauges on the temperature gauge or the by pass regulator if you have one. All
of the wires for the EL are white with red connectors, and there is a black
jumper wire from the temprature gauge to the power side of each of the others.
The sending unit wires are gray and purple.

Paul