Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2003 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Attn: '61-63 Instrument Cluster Guru's

I will write more later after I read your post a few more times, but I found a similar condensor behind the the cluster in my '63 also. It wasn't connected to anything so I removed it and put it in the glove compartment. I have had ten or more of those apart and never run across that part before. Mine was mounted the same way as yours. I have added a separate voltage regulator and by passed the one on the temprature gauge since it goes bad suddenly and frys the gauges. I had guessed that the condensor that you described was used to somehow remedy the bad built in voltage regulator but I don't know. I can report that all instruments and clock are working perfectly without it.

Paul