EBAY, is it a scam message

Bob,
IT IS A SCAM.
ebay do's not ask for sensitive information such as credit cards etc.  Below is a copy of the message we received from ebay when we reported a similar scam to them a while back

Dave
60 LeBaron
England

Hello,

Thank you for writing regarding the email you received.

The message you received was not sent by eBay nor was it endorsed by us
in any way. By altering the reply-to address for this email, this
message may appear to have come from an eBay email address, when it
actually came from an external email address. This also means that
hitting the reply to button will send the message to the altered email
address in the reply to field.  This process is commonly referred to as
"spoofing."

Please rest assured that your account standing has not changed and that
your auctions have not been affected. We are currently investigating the
source of the email. Although we are unable to provide specific
information regarding the result of our investigation, let me assure you
that eBay does take these matters seriously. We work closely with ISPs
to remove these sites quickly.

Please remember that eBay will never ask you for your private
information, including credit card information or password, in an email.
Also, eBay will never send you any request or solicitation from a
non-eBay email account, or provide a link outside of eBay for entering
credit card or other private information. If you ever need to give us
information, it is suggested that you go to the main website and follow
links there to the site map or any other place you may need to give
information. That way you are certain you are giving your information to
us and not a third party.

If you entered personal information such as your password, social
security number or credit card numbers into a Web site based on a
request from a spoofed email, you need to take immediate action to
protect your identity. We have developed an eBay Help page with valuable
information regarding the steps you should take to protect yourself.

Click here to go directly to the Help page:

 http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/problems-identity-theft.html

or, to get to the "Protecting Your Identity" Help page from the eBay
site, please follow the steps outlined below:

 1. Go to the eBay site and click on the Help tab at the top of any eBay
page
 2. Under the "Topics" tab, click on "Safe Trading," which will open a
list of sub categories
 3. Click on, "If Something Goes Wrong"
 4. Click on "Protecting Your Identity" and review the information
provided

In the future if you receive a similar email, do not respond to it, and
visit the following link:

 http://pages.ebay.com/help/new/reporting_spam.html

Here you will be given the steps to take when reporting spam messages to
eBay.

We believe that some members are receiving these messages because they
are using or have used their email address for their user ID. We
recommend that all members have a user ID. If your user ID is currently
your email address you may change it by following the instructions
below:

* Click on the site map link located at the top of any eBay page
* Scroll through the 'Services' section
* Click on 'Change my User ID' and follow the instructions on that page

All of your account information will be linked to the new ID including
your feedback profile. Additionally, you will have a Changed ID icon
next to your new ID for 30 days to alert members to the change.

More information about account security can be found at the following
address:

 http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/problems-account-theft.html

We apologize for any confusion this message may have created for you and
we appreciate your efforts in helping keep eBay a safe trading place.

Regards,

Ian
eBay SafeHarbor
Investigations Team