Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2003 12:27 AM
Subject: RE: IML: All Time Favorite?

The 69-73 dates are correct for the fuselage styling, but the first year
(and maybe the second) displayed the concept in a more extreme way.The trim
on the 72 and 73, along with the grille changes, seems to tone the "look"
down a bit. So maybe that was a Freudian Slip, cutting the date in '71. : )

I see an interesting parallel with the 34 Airflow, and the deemphasizing of
that theme on the 35-37 models, still sharing the same body platform.

Tony, while it is true that Chrysler Corp pioneered something,  with the
extreme tumblehome and tuckunder on the 69 corporate line, I still see a lot
of the well-admired 1965 GM line of cars. Especially the 65-66
Impala/Caprice in the Plymouth. Not so much in the front view, revealing the
"fuselage", but in the side view, showing the general shape.

Maybe it's just me...

Anyway, that 69 Imperial Coupe always fascinated me, with such a small A to
C pillar volume, and such a huge trunk. It was almost El Camino-ish in
proportions.

You could land a helicopter on the trunk.   Currell