60 Imperial Stalling

Hi folks, I have been letting my car sit for the past 6 months & now it doesn't want to stay running when I let my foot off of the gas. The first time, the carb was spilling gas all over the engine & then it wouldn't restart. Now it seems as if it is starving for gas. I tried changing the fuel filter & thought that was it until it went from high idle & immediately stalled. It then refused to restart again & didn't flood, although I tried to start for several minutes, I sprayed a little carb cleaner into the carb & it again started but again stalled when I let off the gas. I'm thinking it may be the fuel pump, which was "borrowed" from another Imperial in 1990. Any advice?
Thanks, John