Dodge Imperial

Well, went on a road trip today to get some more
Imperial parts. Called around and found that a pick n
pull a couple hours away has a '91- been in the pick
and pull area for a while, unknown condition, etc.

So I drove up and found the Imperial in a row of
Dynastys, a 5th ave, a couple M bodies, k-cars, and a
few other assorted FWD Mopars in different stages of
abuse, tare down, etc (even a Dodge Charger 2.2 turbo,
though only the body was left).

This is a unique model for a few reasons, one being
how basic it was. Very few options/goodies (which is
odd for the Imperial). Analog cluster, mechanical
(vaccum controled) climate controls, traditional
Dynasty-like suspension (not air), and so on. Only
thing it had going for it was power seats, power
windows, and power doors. The rest (including the
audio- which was the most basic AM/FM casset Mopar
offered in '91) were very basic indeed. Interestingly,
it was a traditional non-air suspension, and looked
OEM since it was about as rusty and wared as it should
be being on a car w/200,000 miles and 10+ years.

Didn't surprise me that every single 3.3 Mopar in the
yard was lacking the A604 (including this Imperial).

I spent the day (10am-3pm) grabing the front bumper,
some fancier interior (Imperial specific) pieces [dash
benzel, rear over door dome lights, etc). I looked
over the other AC/AY's and they too were about as
unloaded so I couldn't find any new toys:(

I kinda wonder what the story of this Imperial is.
What made this once luxury car turn into the scrap
yeap it now stands as. The trunk was filled to the top
with water, the interior was all riped up, moldy, and
smelling of lots of urine (I would have grabe the
seats but this thing was COATED with urine
inside!!!!). Hubcaps, rims, etc were already taken, as
were all the door panneling, the speakers, relays,
etc. The engine had all the mounts removed (?!?) but
the engine was still there.

BUT, on the plus side, I now have all the parts I need
to complete my Dynasty/Imperial project (I'm gonna
call it the "Dodge Imperial"- as will look 100% like a
90's Imperial from the inside, front, sides, but with
a Dodge AC/AY rear end and the smaller length of the
car). Now I need to paint it all up, touch up rough
spots, wire the car for the folding headlamps, and go
from there.

I'm considering duplicating the Imperial vynal roof
too (would have to do it myself due to the unique
size- would have to cover half the top like the
Imperial and the top of the rear door- when I believe
no Dynasty's got such a top or the tops of the doors
like that). If I do this, it will be after the rest is
done.

BTW- sorry to all I tried to get parts for. This thing
was too striped for me to get anything other then what
I needed, with the exception of the urine filled
interior pieces which I didn't want to be near, let
alone handle!

Will get pics when I have everything on and painted:)