Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 8:29 PM
Subject: IML: hard start when hot

I was just reading Jason's problem with hard start on his '68. I have never had a hard start with a 12 volt Chrysler engine but often have with my six volt  55 Hemi. I have found that making sure the connections are dry and tight helps, but believe there is a heat soak vapor lock problem also. The engine turns slower when hot, which might indicate cylinders full of gas vapor. Some of this gas may leak down into the cylinders while the engine is off. I have thought of a six volt electric pump, but feel since the car started fine when new, I shouldn't need it if everything is right.

Does any other six volt Imp owner have this problem? Has anyone replaced the manifold to carb gasket to solve it?  Who sells the gaskets?? Is this a good idea or am I looking at a carb rebuild? Like Jason's, mine starts well when cold.