From: Christopher Hoffman
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 8:54 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: vapor lock suggestions?

Jason,

Did it seem to crank a little bit slowly, or at least seem to run the
battery down more rapidly than usual?

I say this because your starter might be on its way out. I do not know how
many miles you have on yours, but when the starter begins to wear, it
becomes increasingly susceptible to hot-start problems, mostly because the
whole thing expands, making cranking harder on the starter itself.

I thought for years I had a fuel problem when my '67 was hot (and it's
probably almost as hot under the hood after 30 minutes sitting than it was
when you turned it off), when it was nothing more than a 35-year-old starter
with 123,000 miles on it gently begging mercy.

I'd have your starter draw checked first, then go after any possible fuel
delivery issues.

Just my $0.02...

Chris in LA
67 Crown