1953 custom imperial fuel line fitting

thanks for the reply. one parts store i went to had the fuel nut in their
book but it was not available in the warehouse. i will have to try other
stores,
but alot of them use the same warehouse. the fitting on the tank seems to
still be good. last nite a freind of min gave me a male fitting for a
transmission
cooler and it looks like it will work. i may have a problem duplicating the
flare on the original as it is flat on the end. i never saw one like it. i
appreciate your help and will post my eventual solution.   dennis