'73 resto' project - TQ carb question

I kind of doubt that 1/16" would make that much difference. A float setting
really out of whack would feed way too much fuel and you would know by the
smell and the black smoke in the tailpipe. Does it smoke and/or smell like
it is being overfueled? I would suspect a big vacuum leak especially as you
just got it back together. Put a vacuum gauge on it and check/block all the
vacuum ports one by one to see if you can find a leak. You can also use a
stethoscope to try and pinpoint a leak at manifold or carb base.