towing with a 57

Trailer brakes are critical, but biggest problem is with the cast iron case Torqueflight. Heat is this transmission's  biggest enemy. Use the  largest  aux. transmission cooler you can fit in the vehicle. Make sure your cooling system is up to peak operating condition. All that said I probably would not recommend towing with a 57. Brakes are  marginal and Chrysler didn't change to the aluminum case 727 for nothing. ( Better heat  dissipation).

Gary
GTAofUSA