Towing w/ a 68, was towing with a 57

Kieth.  There was a "towing package" back for 68 for heavy duty towing (for
light duty towing, a simple hinge installation will do).  There is a good
sketch of the towing package frame installation on the owner's manual (hope you
have one.  I can scan it from mine and send it to the 67/68 web master).  This
will distribute the load directly to the unibody subframe.

On another side issue, the "towing package" for 68 could not be ordered w/ air
condition.  The reason?  The transmission cooler was the size of the condenser,
and installed in the condensel location.  In fact, may be the part numbers are
the same!

D^2, 2x68s, none w/ towing package