CA Senate Bill 708 needs to be defeated

The voters (environmentalists) are part of it.
Buisness is an other big part of it.

Face it, these politicans get rich through these
emissions laws (or at least they did back when the
sh_t started to hit the fan in the early 90's....).
Companies were getting tax cuts for destroying
junkyards of older cars, if you want to sell any
aftermarket parts in CA, it must be CARB approved-
which means you have to prove to CA that your part
will not make emissions worse, and/or make the car put
out less emissions (so much for inocent until proven
guilty.....).

Hell, do you have a Summit Racing Catalog handy? They
sell performance parts and also restoration parts for
the classics (their main market is the ol' big block
generation of models). Look in the air/fuel section.
Summit sells these fuel containers- just like the
refill containers you can buy at gas stations for if
you run out of fuel or need to refill small two stroke
engines at home (like lawn mowers). Summit's are the
same size as the ones at stations. Different color
plastics (you can buy blue, red, black, white, etc).
Illegal in CA. The state of CA says that these
containers could be used to bring illegal fuels into
the state for use in hot rods and classics!

The roadside emissions stations are like the truck
wieghing stations on highways. Their main target is
ricers (modified civics and similar), but they also
pull over enough other "normal" cars in an attempt to
aviod law suits. They will stop just about any
pre-1980 car they see and any modified looking car. If
you fail? Depends on how badly. I hear they will
either fine you, impound the car, force you to take it
off the road, etc.

Someone on one of the other car lists I'm on knows a
guy who was restoring a 60's Mustang. He had two of
them (V6 and V8 versions). The V6 model had the better
body. He restored it and put the V8 in there. CA
impounded his car and sold it. He lost it and got no
money for it in return! This was because it wasn't the
OEM engine! 90's Imperial owners with the 3.3 can't
legally stick the 3.8 in their car if they live in CA,
even if it was offered in their model's year- despite
the fact it puts out no more emissions, uses not much
if any more fuel, etc.

And as far as CA tampering laws go, that's just as
bad. Say you do your own exhaust work, and need to put
a stainless steel exhaust on your show Imperial. If
you remove the cat- even so you can just replace the
old exhaust parts and will put the cat back in, they
can legally fine you almost $3k!