Wierd

Maybe I've missed something here, but did you recently change the fluid in
your A604?  And did you put tranny fluid in it?  If you did, naughty,
naughty.  The A604 uses Chrysler 7176 friction modified fluid, and will put
up a fuss if it isn't fed properly.  A good alternative is to use regular
fluid and include a bottle of a friction modifying additive available from
your local parts house.  LubeGuard is one of the most recognizable, but other
companies also make a similar product which works just as well.  Hard
shifting is one of the symptoms of incorrect fluid in this unit, as is
intermittent limp mode operation.

Now, if this has alread been addressed, forgive me.  I've been distracted
this past week from my usual nightly ritual of OIC reading, and have skimmed
over all but things relating to '55 and '56 models.

John Emory
Santa Fe, New Mexico
'56 4D S'hampton