fuel gauge only reads 3/4 fuel sender problems

fuel gauge only reads 3/4 fuel sender problems

Just don't cross the wires. Sounds like I'm in the Ghost Busters Movie.
"Don't cross the streams!".

On non-circuit board cars like '63, the voltage regulator is in the one of
the instruments. Trying to remember which one ; Either the temp or fuel. It
will have an extra prong on the back of the gauge. Note, all white wires
with red connectors are high voltage on your cluster. Don't mix those up
with other wires!

Anyway, the guages work pretty much the same as later models except that
they're not mounted to a circuit board in '63 (and earlier) models. The
method for checking them are all pretty much the same. Just watch out for
the high voltage lines on 61-63 models!

Mark Evans
1963 Imperial Crown Convertible
http://www.io.com/~maevans/MyImperial/index.html