Body types 63 and 59

--- Imperial59crown@xxxxxxx wrote:
>  I was wondering what body type the 1959 and '63 Imperial have, and are
> they
> the same. When people ask me, which they don't very often, I just tell
> them
> it's an extra large. The other day I pulled up next to a limousine, and
> my
> Imperial was longer!
> Bill '59 Crown

Size?

If you're talking to a motor boat-owner, it's a little under 20 feet long.

If you're buying a car cover, it's a D or an E depending on mfg.

If you're talking body type in automotive (or rental car company)
language, it is a full size, premium luxury car.  This would at least
apply to all pre-1978 cars back to at least the 1930's.  The 1920's people
can make their own claims - I've never been near one.

If you're talking to people that are looking at it or sitting in it or
driving it for the first time, it's just really, really big ("extra-large"
will work, too).

If you're talking to me, it's normal size.
Everything else is too small.

=====
Kenyon Wills
6o LeBaron - America's Most Carefully Built Car
73 LeBaron - Long Low & Luxurious

San Lorenzo/SF Bay Area