My '59 Imp

Thanks Hugh,
As I wrote in my answer to Mikey, I know the car has a weak valve, but my mechanic seems to fall back on that whenever the car is running rough. I also know how well the car can run in spite of that valve, and after changing the metering rods in the carburetor today it was running much smoother, so if I get the correct diameter maybe I'll get it back to very smooth. It is now quieter than it has been since I got it, even quieter than my much newer Nissan.
         The forward look Imperials or all Chrysler products for that matter were way out there in front of anything else being produced at that time, it's always amazed me how they managed to stay with the same body style for three years running in a time where everything would change year to year. Today I was driving the Imperial past a grocery store, and a kid out in front yelled Batmobile! I just smiled, but later thought that the kids today have never really seen finned automobiles except the Batmobile. I've always thought the Batmobile is a very attractive car, so I guess that was a compliment?
Bill '59 Crown