My '59 Imp

I took my Imperial to work today, even though it was a rough ride at slow speeds. It started on the first crank, which it has never done. It is running very rough on idle, and especially when loaded, but I don't believe my mechanic when he says it is because of the weak valve. I believe it has to do with the thicker carb rods he put in, which is making it run too lean at slow speeds, after all, an engine this size needs a lot of fuel to make it run perfectly, and I know it can run much smoother than it is currently. He gave me some thinner rods which I will install on my day off, and see if that helps. I also need to play around with the throttle adjustment until it feels right again. As usual, it was nice to get several thumbs up while driving my beautiful car out on the streets. I always feel like I am driving the supreme 1950's automobile, and then I realize, I am!
Bill '59 Crown