Autotemp II and rear air box

 While cleaning out the trunk of this 73 Imperial yesterday I noticed it had
a rear air box.  Since the trunk is good and I'm going to cut it out for my
Fury, I pulled it.  This car has AutoTemp II written on the dash a/c
controls, and I don't have the fender tag with me so, though I have no cause
to suspect otherwise, I can't actually prove it's an AutoTemp II car.

I thought this rear air box was a rear A/C unit similar to the one I found
in a 68 some sad SOB threw in a yard (one that was in infinitely better
shape than this one, only had front seat sag.  I got the seatbelts from that
one for my car) back in '95.  However, there's nothing that has anything to
do with A/C on the box whatsoever.

I thought AT2 cars would have a rear a/c unit instead of just a rear heater
core and box.  Can anyone elaborate more on this, as I'm really curious
about it.

Ray Funke
69 Fury 3 ragtop