Bob Hope and '67 Imperial

List,

I seem to remember Bob driving a '67 Imperial in the movie "Take Her, She's
Mine."

Chrysler likely gave Bob Hope Chryslers to drive because of his long time
association with the Chrysler Bob Hope Desert Classic Golf Tournament in
Palm Springs.  I believe this began in the 60's.  Chrysler probably also
gave gratis cars to the tournament officials and pros to drive during the
week of the Palm Springs event.

Cadillac does the same thing today for all the PGA Senior events, local
dealers provide cars to the pros and tournament staff.  After the event, the
cars are sold at a "slight" discount.

I've seen Bob during my many visits to Palm Springs.  In the early 80's, I
spotted him shopping in the Safeway below his home wearing a goofy hat and
carrying a 5 iron, the checker said he does that all the time.  Saw and
chatted with Bob again in the very early 90's playing golf at South Canyon
GC.  His 2 foursomes "bumped" my group back 2 times so he and his pals could
play.  I didn't really mind, was fun to watch him play, he is a legend.

Sadly, Bob is now very frail and does not get out in the public anymore.

Marc in Mukilteo
Crunched '66 Crown Coupe