Bob Hope and '67 Imperial

>Subject: IML: Please Welcome a New Member Jeff Holland 1967
>New Subscriber(s): Jeff Holland
>Member Location: Brisbane,  Australia
>
>Car(s) owned: 1967 Crown Convertable - harvest gold with black leather seats
>reputably driven by Bob Hope around 1967/1968 through west coast promotions.
>Original condition but requiring some work to paint and upholstery.
>49,000miles.
>
>Self-Introduction: Purchased the vehicle in Las Vegas from second owner in
>2002.  Shipped to Australiain October and currently undergoing some
>rectification.  Interested in any information you can provide on this
>vehicle with regard to Bob Hopes television and film career in 1967/68.

Welcome to the club, Jeff!  Your posting prompted me to
search the web for anything that would connect Bob Hope
with a '67 Imperial.  I couldn't find anything, but as
the administrator for our own web site's '67 pages, I'd
be interested in knowing if you ever document the
connection.

In the meantime, we do have a page about Bob Hope and
Imperials in general, although there's nothing about
'67 or '68 specifically:
http://www.imperialclub.com/Varieties/Special/Celebrities/bobhope.html

And we have some clips from Bob Hope's movie "How to
Commit Marriage", in which he drives a '68:
http://www.imperialclub.com/MoviesAndTelevision/Commit/

Best of success with your car!  I wonder if it's the
only '67 Imperial convertible in Australia?

Tim Klein
'67 Crown 4DHT