Sent: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 5:29 PM
Subject: IML: 83 EFI answers

Leo,

The two valves come out with a tap against a block of wood or
with a pair of long nosed pliers, make sure you remember which
is which as they are different. The low pressure and high pressure
are different  but they both fit in either bore. The gauze filter fits
with the hole down onto the valve block from memory.

Yes you do need to remove both valves to do the job properly,
i had the high pressure stick up during the last summer.

When all valves and seals are removed spray some carb cleaner into
all areas then blow it through with the air.

A good tip for when you take anything apart especially carbs or injection
components is to first start with a clean bench, then lay some paper
towelling on the bench, put your carb or whatever on the paper and either
draw round it or draw the most significant features on the paper that will
guarantee that you will always be able to remember which way you had the
part when you started, from this you can lay any valves / components on
whichever side of the paper they are appropriate to in sequence of removal.

Hope that make sense.

Neil Thorpe 82 Efi Imp.
London England.