83 EFI

List,
I took my high and low fuel flow control valve and injector rails off today to clean them. Took the valve apart and wonder how the two plunger like things in the bottom come out? Or don't I have to remove them to clean it and blow air thru everything? Also, I forgot which way the filter thing in the center goes back in - the open end down or up? HELP.
Leo H. Dead 83 EFI